You can use a private network to divide your existing network into several logical networks.
The use of private networks offers you the following advantages:
- You can organize your networks according to organizational aspects.
- You can easily add or remove your servers.
- You can decrease the latency and network load.
- You can optimize the traffic by prioritizing the data packages.
- Each server can communicate only with servers that are located in the same private network.
For example, a private network may be useful in the following cases:
- Setting up a private network for departments or project teams
- Setting up a private network that is connected to a load balancer
- Setting up a private network for a web server and a database server
In the Network > Private Network section, your private networks are displayed in a table. This table lists the most important information for each individual private network:
- Name: The name assigned to the private network. You can change it at any time.
- Status: Current status of the private network.
- Network address: The network address that you have assigned to the private network. Enter this information to make it easier to identify the private network.
- Subnet mask: Subnet mask that you have assigned to the private network. Enter this information to make it easier to identify the private network.
- Data center: Data center in which the private network is hosted.
When you enter a network address and a subnet mask, this has no impact on the relevant servers.
You must configure the network address and the subnet mask in the relevant servers.
To display all of the data for a specific private network, click the name of the private network. The list includes the following additional information:
- Description: Description of the private network. You can change the description at any time.
- Status: Status of the private network.
- ID: ID of the private network.
- Date of creation: The date when the private network was set up.
- Assigned Servers: Servers assigned to the private network.
To edit an element click on the pencil.